Candidate selection will include consideration of demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the Process Industries through enrollment in relevant programs (Materials Engineering, Materials Science, Corrosion Engineering, etc.), academic achievement, work experience, personal and professional activities, letters of recommendation and relevant coursework (completed or scheduled). The Selection Committee will consist of up to five (5) Materials Engineering professionals representing MTI member companies.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate science and/or engineering program at an accredited college or university in North America, Europe, or Asia.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the area of materials engineering in the process industries.
- For this purpose, Materials Engineering includes evaluation and selection of metallic, non-metallic and polymeric materials, corrosion control, optimal design, mechanical integrity, fitness-for-service, life cycle evaluation, and economic factors affecting performance of process equipment. Chemical Processing Industries broadly include chemicals manufacturing, petroleum processing, pharmaceuticals manufacturing, paper manufacturing, and other related processing industries; or, industries such as materials producers and fabricators, which support the CPI.
The following information is required to submit an application:
- Completed Application
- Academic transcript
- Three (3) Recommendation Forms from educators or employers familiar with applicant's background
- Supplemental Essay: In 500 words or less, describe why you should be the recipient of this scholarship.
In addition to the information above, please be sure to review the General Scholarship Guidelines on the AMPP website. Applicants must meet all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and answer all required essay questions.
Applications are processed through the AMPP. Prepare all of the required documents and information above, then visit the AMPP Website to submit.
All required paperwork must be received no later than January 1.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD CEREMONIES AND FOLLOW-UP
Winners are invited to attend the AMPP Annual Conference to accept the award and attend one of MTI’s worldwide TAC Meetings as an honored guest. Within one year of acceptance of this scholarship, the recipient must submit a letter report to MTI and the AMPP Foundation describing how the funds were used and how they aided in the student's overall education.