The Materials Technology Institute (MTI) is currently seeking candidates for its Executive Director position. The Executive Director reports to MTI’s Board of Directors and is currently responsible for directing the activities of four full-time and six part-time staff members. This senior-level opportunity requires an 80% full-time commitment and the willingness to travel to MTI headquarters as needed and to worldwide meetings annually.
The MTI Executive Director is responsible for:
- Providing strong, steady leadership for the organization based on member company representatives through the Board of Directors
- Hiring, developing, and managing staff and personnel
- Financial management of the organization, including short- and long-term budgeting, analysis, and reporting
- Managing contractual arrangements involving facilities, services, and personnel
- Acting as liaison to and representing MTI’s interests in other professional technical organizations, universities, and national labs
Candidates should possess successful industry experience including:
- Familiarity with MTI and its mission
- A background in engineering or science related to the technology of materials of construction in the chemical process industry
- Organizational and people management, project management, and profit and loss responsibility
- Marketing and sales experience
- Effective communication skills and experience with digital office tools
The ideal candidate will have the ability to formulate and effectively communicate the organization’s vision and maintain the highest level of integrity in all interactions. The candidate will also be able to interact constructively with a wide variety of personalities and cultures, establishing mutual respect, and strike a balance in leading, team building, and constructive participation to reach the goal.
For more information on this position, including all qualification requirements, and a job description, click here. For application instructions and other details, please contact Debra McCauley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application submission deadline for this position is July 30, 2021. If you know of someone familiar with MTI who qualifies and would be an ideal fit for the position, but may not be a current member, please forward this posting on to them.