According to Ed Naylor, a Materials Scientist and Asset Strategist for Nouryon, the required speed of decision making is increasing exponentially, but so are the safety and regulatory ramifications of those decisions. "We have to be faster and more efficient but no less accurate," points out Naylor. "MTI technical symposiums are becoming all the more vital to keeping pace with developing technologies, critical production challenges and the loss of expert knowledge. The MTI Global Solutions Symposium keynotes focus directly on today's challenges." He adds that the subject tracks are loaded with relevant technical content and knowledge sharing that can contribute to his ability to maintain safe and reliable operation of aging production assets.
Here are 10 more reasons to join Ed at the MTI Global Solutions Symposium February 18-20, 2020 in Baton Rouge, LA:
- Highest concentration of Materials SME's in the CPI at any meeting all year
- Keynote Jerold Lebold, BASF, on Upgrading Technology and Industry Challenges
- Topics on the latest technology, such as intelligent tubes and RFID sensors
- Unique track on turnarounds, including presentations on Risk-based Work Selection; Detection, Prevention, & Treatment of MIC; and more
- High Temperature Hydrogen Attack session, including topics covering facilities at risk and evaluation of assets
- Presentations on Corrosion Under Insulation Estimation Models and Risk Assessment
- Panel session on Facing Challenges with New Technology
- Special Knowledge Management track addressing strategies for retaining expert knowledge
- Global Solutions Marketplace featuring 30 engineering, fabricator, materials manufacturers and other leading experts
- Networking opportunities at CONNECTION Reception and other special symposium activities
For a complete schedule of events, registration details and more, visit www.mti-global.org/symposium2020. Early bird registration is available until January 17, 2020, so sign up soon!
About MTI: MTI’s technical community is made up of key CPI companies and leaders. According to a 2018 ICIS Top 100 Report, 15 of the top 50 chemical companies in the world are MTI members, and 6 MTI members rank among the top 10. Technical thought leaders from these chemical companies and others, including Air Liquide, Asahi Kasai, BASF, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, and Chemours, will present at the Global Solutions Symposium. For more information about the conference and MTI, visit www.mti-global.org.